reflection

i'm having a reflective period in my life. a lot of things have gone wrong lately, and i haven't been myself. so, in order to conquer this, i nestled in a cottage in the countryside and read two books consecutively, drinking copious amounts of tea and also smoking too many cigs.







aforementioned countryside; feat. ben



i've had a rough couple of weeks recently, but i am currently fully aware of my privilege in life, and i want to do my best to look on the bright side. i made a short film about a year ago, about looking at the beauty in the world, and i think that my rose-tinted goggles have gotten a bit foggy lately. i am the type of person who appreciates the small things, but sometimes a thick cloud of fog seeps into my brain, and i end up listening to No-one But You by Queen and crying into my cat.

after a few cuddles with norris, and morning lie-ins with winston the bulldog, i feel more at peace with the world, and i feel more able to recognise the birds singing in the trees outside, or a nice new rug on a dark oak floor, or the pleasure of cigs combined with driving in the rain.

overall, i don't think i'm saying a lot, but i'm tired and chilling in the company of some truly good people. i guess the moral of today's post is just that i am finally getting that sunny haze back in my life, and things are good. also, dogs have mentally healing properties.

molly



Comments

Popular Posts